We are a fun, friendly After School club based in the Mc Mordie Scout Hall on Oakland Avenue.
We offer: After school care / Breakfast club / Holiday care
We currently drop off and collect from: Strandtown / Greenwood / Belmont / Dundela / St Joseph’s.
The club is open from 7.30am until 8.40am for Breakfast Club and 2pm until 6pm Monday to Friday, during term time. We also offer holiday care from 8am to 6pm.
Venture Kids Ltd is registered with Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
We have an extensive free play space in the main hall along with a lounge dedicated to quiet play. We also have use of kitchen facilities for breakfast, snacks, and occasional baking activities. Outside play space is provided around the perimeter of the building, as well as authorized access to Strandtown pitches for additional outdoor activities. In addition, we have a first floor third room available for use. During term-time this room is staffed as a space for completing homework.
At Venture Kids we aim to promote, advocate and facilitate the Playwork Principles. We believe that play is a biological, psychological and social necessity and is fundamental to the healthy development and well-being of individuals and communities.
By advocating the Playwork principles we encourage children to freely choose activities and resources as they wish.
Venture Kids is run as a private business. We enjoy a close working relationship with all local primary schools in order to ensure continuity of care, and to maintain good communication links.
VK’s Pledge to Parents:
- We value our relationship with parents/carers and are committed to working in partnership with you to provide top quality play and care for your children.
- Welcome you at all times to discuss our work, have a chat or take part in our activities.
- Keep you informed of opening times, fees and charges, programmes of activities, menus, and procedures.
- Be consistent and reliable to enable you to plan with confidence and peace of mind.
- Share and discuss your child’s achievements, experiences, progress, and friendships.
- Be available to discuss decisions about running the club.
- Ask your permission for outings and special events.
- Listen to your views and concerns to ensure that we continue to meet your needs.
- Encourage you to share the experience by helping out.
Venture Kids Ltd
McMordie Scout Hall
Club mobile number: 0749 572 4443
Club Management Staff
Manager: Siobhan McIlwaine
Deputy: Risa Rylander
Supervisor: Claire Forker
Supervisor: Lorraine Brown
Early Years and Childcare Service
Belfast Health and Social Trust
585-587 Everton Complex
Tel: 028 9504 2811