We are a fun, friendly After School club based in East Belfast. In September 2016, we first opened our doors in the Mc Mordie Scout Hall on Oakland Avenue. In September 2019 we opened a second site in the Knock Methodist Centre on Knock Road. We enjoy a mutually beneficial working partnership with both community organisations.
For a more comprehensive overview of all things Venture Kids, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer: After school care / Breakfast club / Holiday care
We currently drop off and collect from: Strandtown / Greenwood / Belmont / Dundela.
The club is open from 7.30am until 8.30am for Breakfast Club and 2pm until 6pm Monday to Friday, during term time. We also offer holiday care from 8.30am-6pm.
Venture Kids Ltd is registered with Belfast Health and Social Care Trust.
In both of our settings, we have an extensive free play space in the main hall along with a lounge dedicated to quiet play. We also have use of kitchen facilities and outdoor play space. In both sites we also have a third room available for use. During term-time this room is staffed as a space for quiet play or homework.
At Venture Kids we aim to promote, advocate and facilitate the Playwork Principles. We believe that play is a biological, psychological and social necessity and is fundamental to the healthy development and well-being of individuals and communities.
By advocating the Playwork principles we encourage children to freely choose activities and resources as they wish.
Venture Kids is run as a private business. We enjoy a close working relationship with all local primary schools in order to ensure continuity of care, and to maintain good communication links.
VK’s Pledge to Parents:
- We value our relationship with parents/carers and are committed to working in partnership with you to provide top quality play and care for your children.
- Welcome you at all times to discuss our work, have a chat or take part in our activities.
- Keep you informed of opening times, fees and charges, programmes of activities, menus, and procedures.
- Be consistent and reliable to enable you to plan with confidence and peace of mind.
- Share and discuss your child’s achievements, experiences, progress, and friendships.
- Be available to discuss decisions about running the club.
- Ask your permission for outings and special events.
- Listen to your views and concerns to ensure that we continue to meet your needs.
- Encourage you to share the experience by helping out.
Club Management Staff
Owner & Manager (Oakland): Siobhan McIlwaine
Owner & Manager (Knock): Frazer McIlwaine
Manager (Oakland): Risa Rylander
Deputy Manager : Danielle Carlin/Kathryn Johnston
Supervisors: Joanne Snodden/Michelle McCullough
Venture Kids General Enquiries:
Phone: 074 9572 4443
Mc Mordie Scout Hall
Belfast, BT4 3BW
Phone: 07984 780870
Mc Mordie Scout Hall
Phone: 07494 335062
Knock Methodist Centre
Early Years and Childcare Service
Belfast Health and Social Trust
585-587 Everton Complex
Tel: 028 9504 2811